M: (+44) 07530931434
Joseph is a British photographer working on projects across Europe with an interest in cultural and environmental identity. His works often focus on our custodian role in the Anthropocene era and reflect how we are both affect and are affected by the environments we inhabit.
His long term projects are made in areas of cultural conflict, using the dense cultural complexity found when our natural spaces interact with our modern world. Drawing on his passion for exploration and the mountains this often leads him to photograph remote and wild spaces that he juxtaposes with images that reflect our social identity.
These themes have been applied to commissions in documentary projects as well as portraiture and advertising, bringing a depth of colour and strong use of tone and form, to build complex narratives to the stories he creates.
The Sunday Times, The Telegraph, Fabric Magazine, The Renaissance Magazine, Der Greif, Good Sport Magazine
Airbnb, Daniel P Tanner SS/2020, East Quay Watchet, Tailfin
MA Photography 2020
BA Photographic Art 2015
BJP Portrait of Britain, Shortlisted - 2023
RPS international 165, Shortlisted - 2023
The There Was Us, AND, best up and coming influencial documentary and portrait photographers - 2020+2022
Shutter Hub Exhibition, YEARBOOK - 2020
RPS international 162, Shortlisted - 2019
PRESS, PUBLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, FEATURES, ETC:
- The Tunnel Run, Good Sport Magazine: https://goodsportmagazine.com/Tunnel-Run
- An Oxbow Lake, Published by Another Place Press, 2020: https://anotherplacepress.bigcartel.com/product/an-oxbow-lake-joseph-horton
- QuoteUnquote/ How ruality is pictured in modern Britain: A lock-down conversation 2020: https://quoteunquote.xyz/Landscape-and-Identity
- Photomeet, The Rural edition, 2020: https://photomeet.org/the-rural
- LOUPE MAGAZINE, 2020: http://loupemag.com/terrain-vague/
- BOOOOOOM, 2019: https://www.booooooom.com/2020/01/02/terrain-vague-by-photographer-joseph-horton/
- FOTOROOM, 2019: https://fotoroom.co/terrain-vague-joseph-horton/
- THEN THERE WAS US, 2019:https://www.thentherewasus.co.uk/terrain-vague-a-study-of-a-quickly-changing-landscape/
- BROAD MAGAZINE, 2019: https://www.broad.community/blog/2020/2/2/tuesday-talent-joseph-horton
- ANOTHER PLACE MAGAZINE, 2019: https://anotherplacemag.tumblr.com
For commissions and enquiries, or for a PDF portfolio, please contact via the details above.